Stop Offshoring
Google
Monday, September 07, 2009
 
I've been working with our offshore team in the Philippines for over a month now. Well, not really a team yet, just a couple of people helping out. So far, this has been one of my best experiences with offshoring. This is the first time I've worked with the Philippines, and they are far better than working with Indians. For one thing, they have been more competent than any Indian offshore team I've worked with. When we give them something to work on, they actually do it. Novel idea, I know, but I've been burned so many times with Indians not doing what was requested or doing such a poor job that we had to completely redo it it anyway.

It hasn't been completely smooth though. The learning curve is obviously steeper when training someone halfway around the world. The time difference has also been a drag as we try to schedule meetings at times that accommodate both local and offshore employees. However, working with the Philippines has been better than any Indian offshoring experience I've had. Let's hope it stays that way.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger